Monday, July 11, 2011

Review of Crackle

Today, I bought Sally Hansen's Crackle nail polish and thought I'd review it since we are given so much incentive to try it.  I bought it in Vintage Violet and Snow Blast.  First, understand that it is an overcoat, so the result will depend on your base color.  Second, you have to apply it right. ONLY one coat.  It can be a thick coat but do not go over the nail area more than once.  If you do more than one coat, it will not crack.  Don't worry if you don't coat the entire nail, it is just an overcoat.  So what happens is as the nail polish dries, it splits apart to create a shattered look on the nail.  I tried Snow Blast over my lavender base coat, and I didn't like it (probably because I didn't know I only could use one coat, so it ended up looking like I had white out on my nails).  At some point in the future, I will try this again, maybe on my toes.  I wiped that off with nail polish remover, redid the lavender base coat, and tried the Violet.  

If you can see, my nails look like a purple speckled Easter egg. 

PROS:  Cool effect
CONS:  It dries quickly, creating globs of polish, kinda pricey at $6.99 each
VERDICT:  I think you should definitely try it.  I wouldn't buy them at $6.99 each though.  Try to get ahold of coupons and combine them with buy one get the other half off deals.  Or even getting ahold of one of these $3 or $2 coupons off of one at $6.99, it's still not a bad deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment